Thursday, August 28, 2008

ice cream wars!





Part One: Teh Vocabulary.

Ice Cream Wars: Ice cream wars is an idea of mine. As you can tell by our poorly Painted logo, it's a pun on popular movie series Star Wars. {if you can't tell, one of my biggest talents is removing all humor from jokes. It comes with being a craftastic.} It's simply a comprehensive review of ice creams. And I super hope that it isn't quite as boring as it sounds.

Crème brûlée: Creme brulee (as we will spell it, as I do not own an international keyboard) is French for burnt cream. It is a dessert served in ramekins consisting of a thick, delicious cream base topped with burnt sugar. It is very delicious, and the best creme brulee I have ever had was at a resturant called Fire and Ice in the Springfield hotel called The Oasis. Fire and Ice, consider yourself ENDORSED.
John Lennon: A former member of popular band The Beatles, John Lennon is equally as famous for his music as he is for his peace activism. He wrote and recorded songs "Give Peace a Chance" and "Imagine".



Part 2: The Contenders
Ben and Jerry's produces an ice cream called Creme Brulee. It is "sweet custard ice cream with a carmelized sugar swirl" (thanks, Wikipedia!). I love it; it's like creme brulee without ramekins, which I do not own (once this blog gets off the ground and I start selling t-shirts at art fairs, the first thing I will buy will be a set of colorful ramekins.) The ice cream is sweet and great. Even my dog loves it. I like it because it's light and sweet.


B and J's also produces an ice cream called Imagine Whirled Peace. It is sweet cream ice cream with swirls of toffee and fudge peace signs. I like this one better than Phish Phood, my old favorite Ben and Jerry's (chocolate ice cream with swirls of marshmallows and nuts, I think, and fudge phish and, in the special Surf&Turf edition, fudge cows.) because, while it employs one of my phavorite aspects of Phish Phood, the fudge shapes, it doesn't overpower with chocolate.

Part 4: Fin.

So, this is where I say my adieus.

Did you like ICW, or was it too long? Feedback = appreciated. And also, ideas = SUPER APPRECIATED! Like, if there's something you want to see crafted/cooked, I'm totally prepped to do it. Because if I can't think of anything, this is what you get.

<3.

3 comments:

stlmichelle said...

Do you know any cookie recipes? I LOVE cookies and I could just go for some cookies, but I don't know too many cookie recipes. Also, I heard a rumor you have tried making EMABARS. Was that a guessiepie? My vote is for more "war" style posts where different versions of one product go head to head with you commentating the debate.

akira said...

not too long, it was too short!!!! i don't know who won the ICW... which one is the good guy and which one is the bad guy... here's what i think you should put up, food eating contests... make videos of people trying to out-eat each other, that's my favorite thing to watch on the internet, and you could do it cheap too, like have a flour or sugar or salt eating contest, tell some kids you'll pay the winner a dollar and all they can eat flour, and see who wins!

akira said...

p.s., i like how you linked the vids!